• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horse Power of M54A1 mack turbo engine?

madsam

I have tried to find this by searching. What is the HP of a Mack engine on a M54A1 that has a turbo? I thought something I read said 211, but that was a m51, and I could not tell if that was with a turbo.

madsam

I wonder if it would do better at altitude because of the turbo. The cumins 250 looses a lot of power at altitude.

AMGeneral

Just my opinion mind you(but i'm kinda partial :mrgreen:) Tha Mack engine,properly tuned to stock specs,doesn't notice the altitude change as much as the 250 Cummins,BTW all the Mack engines in the M39 series of trucks wii be turbocharged.

madsam

Thank, I was just looking at about a gl aution. I think I am not interested right now, I was just trying to think about how altitude would affect that truck compared to mine.
Thanks.