• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hot front tires

nickd

I put a newer set of front tires on the deuce after I removed the rear drive shaft because the front tires were not wearing eavenly. While getting fuel after a 15 mile run on pavement at 55 MPH I checked all the bearing/hubs for heat. They were ok. I put my hand on the front tires and they were very hot on the treads. I touched all of the rear tires and they were not hot at all. Tire perssure was checked before I left the garage and all were good. So, any suggestions?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the outdoor temperature? How much air pressure do you have in the front tires? Have you ever noticed the tire temps before this(is this something new or just noticed). Did you accidentally leave the front drive engaged? Were the front brake drums hot also(maybe dragging a bit)?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget the front tires have a lot more weight on them than the rears. When towing the M108 home, the front tires were a lot warmer than the rears. The front and rear hubs were the same temperature.