• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

House moving - sort of

MDSA

Got to use the M1061A1 laundry trailer today to move a 10'X13' metal shed. A friend from church was given this shed but didn't want to have to take it apart. He knew I had a Deuce, so he asked me if I had a trailer that would move this shed. Do I have a trailer he asks? He doesn't know me very well, do he? We started at 3 and were ALL done with it at his house by 5:15. Only had to go 2 miles - if that. We had to bolt a wooden base onto the trailer to support the metal hanging over the sides, screwed the shed base into the wood, and that shed was more rigid than when it was on the ground. Had to watch mailboxes and street signs, but no Murphy. Thank God. Forgot the camera. These are from a phone - sorry.

Attachments

MDSA

The last picture is to show how close I had to get to the neighbor's house when backing into my friend's backyard. The neighbor was very gracious; even helped carry the shed off the trailer.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Awesome. I think the 1061 is the most underrated trailer in the fleet. I only wish it came with build in tiedown anchors on the side. I'm adding my own one of these days.

AMGeneral

What the pictures do not show are the voluminous clouds of black smoke that emit from the stack when pulling,(his truck is a N/A multi),the whole road dissappears behind it:mrgreen:.

Granted it is quieter than a turbo deuce and the power difference is minimal.

I'm glad that M1061 is working out for you Brian.

Last edited:

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Good show, bravo , The boys had the good seats but had to deal with the smoke.

That reminds me. I need to send you a check. I was at Brandons a couple weeks ago and forgot the ammo boxes. I`ll get them when he comes to get me for Aberdeen .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks