• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Houston HMMWV shop recommendation? - engine swap (6.2 for 6.2)

Jeffmcclan

Can anyone recommend a Houston, TX shop that can swap a 6.2 diesel engine in a M998?
Pull existing 6.2 and install another 6.2 from crate due to Houston floods.

Last edited:

jackson76550

i have a shop in Sealy just down the road, id love to do the swap. 512 585 9270. Give me a call or text.

i had to swap mine out the other day so it wont be my first. Im a small time operation here but its a legitimate business, not just some guys shop, haha

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you thought of getting a engine hoist from harbor freight and doing it yourself? You will see it's not the most difficult job and learn a lot about the truck in the process. The manuals are easy to follow . Just my 2 cents

Jeffmcclan

Intake was above water. Apparently, water entered at the air filter gasket.

We have an engine hoist, and we could wait until the holidays to make it a father/son project. Other option (due to lack of time) is to have shop replace it now (so we can drive it again sooner). I'll give Jackson a call to discuss.