• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How can i get the hubs/cv boots/gear box etc etc etc to stop leaking??? HELP

jester3798

Hi guys, I am always getting evidence of oil being slung on the inside of my rear wheels. I have replaced all of the seals and upgraded to 12k shafts. I currently have a cummins 6bt, 2" body lift and 2" suspension lift. The truck is rolling on 42" swampers. I know there are lots of questions on these leaks. My question is how do we stop these leaks from happening? what"s the upgrade or mod? On my truck it seems to happen when i drive above 65 mph or when in a turn, i accelerate more than normal.

please let me know what your ideas are. I want my truck to be used for some adventure trips with my kid out west and looking for some more reliability

thanks in advance

ryan

MattNC

I can share that I had mine leaking like you said after replacing the seals and when I went back I noticed the seals were slightly out of square when I placed them into the housing and the seal wore unbalanced and leaked. I replaced the seals again trying to seat them as perfect as possible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks