• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How costly will this be?

MFrank619

I just picked up my new M1165 from Yermo this morning. Apparently I completely missed that the voltage regulator is missing from the generator. From what I’ve read on here, this should be a 400a generator correct? I know regulators are pricey, but where would be the best source? And lastly can I run this thing for just a few minutes without a regulator to get it off the trailer and parked on my property? I’m currently looking thru service manuals but I’m getting more and more confused

Attachments

mrfarb

Welcome to the surplus HMMWV hobby. I’m newer at this, on my 3rd now - I can tell you for sure that the outflow of money for finding new things missing is just beginning. But the guys here are super helpful. My advice from mistakes made, don’t try to cheap out on components - a lot of fake Chinese junk out there will cause more damage saving a buck - Spend real money on real parts, MAC motors, hummer parts guy, and Kascar come to mind directly. You will be much better off in the long run.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eric aka Hummer H1 rips those anlternators out and welds in mounts for off the shelf GM alternators. He has almost 300,000 miles on one of those conversions.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eric aka Hummer H1 rips those anlternators out and welds in mounts for off the shelf GM alternators. He has almost 300,000 miles on one of those conversions.
How does he balance the load across the batteries?
Also he is probably pulling the 400A alts out, no real good reason to get rid of a 200A

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The correct replacement regulator for this 200a generator should be the N3135 correct?
N3135 bought from reputable vendor like 86humV or RWH or HPG

I might avoid a specific vendor on EPay who claims OEM but they are really chicom knockoffs. Golfer or Wolf Man or some such...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks