• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I hook this up?

springer1981

I'm trying to use this as a master power switch to my Vic 3 lite. I have the power cable that would plug into either number 2 or 3 in the picture (assuming number 3). Number 2 (J1 to Battery) I assume that is what the battery connects to?

One concern is J2 (number 3) says Pin C is +28v and the power cable to the Vic 3 lists Pin B is +28v so that doesn't seem to match.

Harris.jpg

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its for Harris radios...re-wire it to match sincgars / Vic-3 system.

springer1981

Its for Harris radios...re-wire it to match sincgars / Vic-3 system.
Thanks for the reply, I actually opened it up to see what's in it and realized the plug at number 3 is a female version of number 2. So at the very least I would need to get a different connector for that and yes rewire the connections. The cable (number 1) would power other radios and I won't need that either, just be in the way so I'll probably just remove it.

I'll tell ya, not much in this box for $815 (original gov cost).

papakb

The Harris radios like the PRC-117f in it's vehicle VAU have power continuously applied to pin A and ground on pin B. When pin C is switched between 0 and 28 volts this turns the radio on and off. The remote switch box is the only way to do this from a remote location. The wires on pins A and B are fairly heavy but pin C is only an 18 gauge wire and won't handle that much power. Pin D is not connected.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks