• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I use this tool...?...LOL.

Asmoday

My girlfriend picked this up for me when she heard me talking about all the work I was going to be doing.

It's a Kent-Moore J-22102 Seal installer / timing cover aligner whatever that means. She picked up a used one that is basically new for next to nothing so why not?...:) I love tools...!

I just want to confirm how to properly use it even though it "seems" pretty obvious.

To install a new timing cover crankshaft seal do I just lube up the seal with motor oil, slide it on the tool and then align the tool to the timing cover hole and tap on the head of the tool to seat the seal into the cover?

I've never seen a install tool where you slide the seal over it first...

I just want to check as I will be using it although I will probably install the new seal while the timing cover is off.

Thanks...

Attachments

Asmoday

All ready done....:D She was a diesel mechanic in the Navy. She's so tiny...they loved her because she could climb into the engine bays and do work...LOL.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You slide that into the new seal(aready installed in the cover). It helps center the cover so the seal is perfectly centered on the shaft, then you tighten the cover in place.

Last edited: