• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do remove the dash bulbs

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just read this thread and noticed your sigline.

1973 AM General M35A2
2008 F250 FX4, 13.2@102mph in the quarter
1994 Turbo Mustang, 10.3@136mph
2000 Suzuki GSXR750
And your having trouble changing a lightbulb...:razz:

Sorry, I just thought it was kinda funny.

SoundGuy

If you turn on the high beams you will see a red light in the middle of a funny looking cap. (High beam indicator). Unscrew each of the caps you see like this. Behind them is a light bulb. Push in slightly and give it a quarter turn then pull it out. I ordered mine from 1000bulbs.com. I can get you the exact number if you need it.

steelandcanvas

If you turn on the high beams you will see a red light in the middle of a funny looking cap. (High beam indicator). Unscrew each of the caps you see like this. Behind them is a light bulb. Push in slightly and give it a quarter turn then pull it out. I ordered mine from 1000bulbs.com. I can get you the exact number if you need it.
Wow! You really got detailed with that answer.

SoundGuy

Ether direction is fine, one just causes the bulb to break in your hand and gets blood on your carc. I wonder if the carc will get in your blood stream and cause some problems? Darn, now I have to go look at my truck to see what direction it is.

KsM715

Counter clockwise to remove.

If anyone finds that thread or the blue covers let me know I want one and haven't been able to find them

SoundGuy

I know doing stage work it is easier to read by blue light in a dark room than it is by red. I wonder if that had something to do with it. I wish I had blue lenses. Mine need replaced anyway as they are very brittle.

Blackmagic94

Well that was easy i didnt know you removed them from the front.

Well those Red LEDs suck, dont buy them, they have a plastic coating on the side which makes them dimmer then a stock bulb, i guess i reorder some white ones as that should work better.