• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you activate Windshield wipers ???

Elohim1

As you can tell , I dont know much about the M35 , but am learning thanks to you guys. I have some manuals on CD coming pretty soon. Nevertheless, I can't figure out how to turn the wipers on. I pushed the buttons on the motors. Maybe mine doesnt work??

Please inform me. :confused:

Thanks,

Chris

bomar76

To expand on that.....
There is a small round knob below the light swith.
Start truck, build air pressure.
The wipers work on compressed air.
Twist the knob (And right now for the life of me I forget which way) and the wipers SHOLD start beating back and for like crazy.
If they (or one) doesn't....grab the little lever and help it out........the get stuck sometimes.
Control the speed by fiddling screwing the knob in and out.
Sound cool as hell.......

cten

To the left will turn them on and to the right will shut them off.

If you turn too far to the left the know will come off, but do not panic as you can put it back on.

Regards,

MVtrucker

Tighten the set-screw on the knob so it doesn't come off. It's small, look close. Sometimes, besides moving the lever, the red button on the wiper motor has to be pressed in. I usually move the levers a little before applying air. Most of the time the motor(s) are stuck if they haven't been used in a while.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think of it as a gate valve in plumbing, turn to the right to close and to the left to open.
The wipers sweep a 90 degree area only (gear ratio within motor), so don't think that something is wrong if you expect more.
The motors come apart and can be exercised even lubed. At least, I think the gear cam was lubed on mine.
The blades are not very durable, but that's another story.

Opie

Oh goody! I finally get to catch up with Monster Man and post an on-topic attachment that contains Connie Rodd! (Ok, perhaps she's the PC 1990's version here, but still...)

Here's some suggestions on wiper motor operations/maintenance.

Opie said:
Oh goody! I finally get to catch up with Monster Man and post an on-topic attachment that contains Connie Rodd! (Ok, perhaps she's the PC 1990's version here, but still...)

Here's some suggestions on wiper motor operations/maintenance.
Opie, do you still have that attachment that you could repost? It was obliterated during the SS Forum Meltdown. Seeing as how it is rain season now, we need to do our "Wiper Maintenence" routines.

Much obliged.

Opie

Air Powered Wiper Motor Hints

Ask and ye shall receive! (the Forum won't let me post a .pdf Acrobat attachment directly. Coming now to the technical article section as "air powered wiper motor hints.")

Mmm! 2001 Connie, not the '60's Connie, but still.... :D

MVtrucker

Why not get an Operators Manual and get a lot of questions answered? I can't understand why newbies don't study before operating these, or any, trucks.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When I decided I wanted a deuce, I bought all the pertinent manuals ($300+ from Portrayal). I have the fuel pump guide, organizational maintenenance, the operator's TM, everything.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He may not have the right manual...I'm still collecting after more than ten years.
Besides there is no such thing as a "stupid" question. I for one learn something every time and that's what these forums are for.

I say, "Keep asking, it's not all in the manuals anyway". How many of us have a complete PS magazine collection?
PS means "post script" and they add a lot of info not covered in the TM's. :jumpin:

Bjorn
MVPA19212

Warren Lovell

I think everyone was a "newbie" once...Do you want the hobby to die with us? We should all promote what we are doing in the military vehicle field.

I am always glad to help anyone out and I do not have to make them feel guilty about asking me anything. My knowlege is free to them. Of course my knowlege is limited! But it is free non the less.

So, make the new people welcome. I was new and you guys made me feel right at home. Let's extend the courtesy and make new friends.

Warren

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i agree with warren, its the ONLY way to help this hobby grow, besides nobody knows everything, we ALL need a little help every now and then

Low-Tech-Redneck

If you've never used your wiper motors before, they may be stuck/dead, but you can get replacements if this is the case, and if worst comes to worst, you can manualy operate them, or better yet, coerce a passenger into operating them for ya :D

I usually learn from every question asked. If not, I am reminded to prove that my memory is not as good as I remember it once was. :?

Just for the heck of it I fired up the Duece and let her purr for about 30 minutes to get all warm and fuzzy, and piss off the neighbors with the exhaust and the whistle, ah the sweet whistle of the turbo! :) :)
Tried my wipers. Nuthin. Looks like I will re-read this post and try again.
Thanks for all the questions - keep 'em coming. I can't remember to ask all of them ya know. 8)

SixBuy

My wipers work just fine but after checking out Connie I believe I'll go outside and work on them...

Are there enough 'Connies' to start a sub-section for us old lechers?