• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you mount troop seats?

DeuceNewb

I have a set of troop seats and bows that came with the m1008 i got, but i cannot figure out how to mount them. Can anybody help and put up some pictures?

ABN173

Ok I thought I still had a MSG with attached pics in my sent file but I guess I deleted already. I do have pics I can send but it will be awhile as I'm still at work.

-Dale

ABN173

They just barely rest on the lip of the truck bed. If you were standing on the truck bed and looking down you would see the three slots on the sidewalls of the truck bed (6 total) There is a "L" bracket that goes into the slot, it has a male stud on one end that pushes through onto the rails of the troop seats then a cotter pin is pushed through the stud. The Brackets at the rear by the tailgate are slightly different that the other four. I'll post or send pics later.

Last edited:

DeuceNewb

ughh, mine look slightly different, and i don't have any L brackets like that. I guess i need to get pics of mine to show. The bottom of the seats (the whole metal bar) is different than yours, it's more of a c channel than an L shape. pics will help

ABN173

Oh and yes the whole metal bar should resemble a "C-channel" The L-shaped bracket is the part that attaches the C-channel/troop seats to the truck.

-Dale

Last edited:

ABN173

alright now i just gotta find the L brackets

I may be able to help, I will look around some....no promises though.

Keep in mind that 4 of the 6 brackets look like a Z shape (like shown on pic 3 post #7) with the stud pointing downward, and the remaining two have a stud that points inward (pic 5).
I pulled my seats from a truck at a scrap yard so I saw how they were mounted, which helped greatly.

It actually seems a shody way to mount these things, I bet if you had to use some hardened nuts and bolts that would work just fine.

Good Luck,
Dale

Last edited:

Winston Wolf

Does anyone have any brackets they would sell? I have the seats but no brackets, and I'd really like to mount them.

Also, does anyone know what this bar/channel with the loops was used for? It has shorter ones for the back also. It bolts all the way through the floor of the box.
cucv bar.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks