• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you remove the solenoid?

Blood_of_Tyrants

Okay, I have a bad solenoid on my starter. I took the starter out and used a set of jumper cables to hook up the starter. When I shorted the Batt terminal to the big starter terminal, the motor spun, but when I shorted a screwdriver across the small starter terminal, it did nothing. Bad solenoid.

Now, I have removed solenoids in the past and I just took the two bolts off the sides of the solenoid and pulled it off, but this one is different. It comes out about 1/2" and stops. Is there a trick or is my solenoid stuck and needs to be pried out?

Also, is there a cheap alternative to the $200 replacement starter and the $85 solenoid?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometime you can clean the contacts on the solenoid, and it will work for a long while. While its out, I would sure check the brushes & bushings in the starter.

Lee in Alaska

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks