• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How does the observer seat mount?

tjcouch

The previous owner of my M35A2 removed the observer/passenger seat and replaced it with a high back auto seat.

But parts of the original were tossed in the bed of the truck.

I removed the car seat today (quite a task, as it was welded, not bolted.)

I don't really see how the original goes back in.

Could some of you post up some pics of yours? I think I am missing parts.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
mine had legs on the pass side and bolted to the box seat on the driver's side( those nuts/bolts wire a PITA to remove)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your truck has a spring seat, there is an additional U shaped bracket that bolts to the side of the companion seat and then bolts to the floor. No pics until tomorrow, sorry.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better late than never. Here are 3 pics of the companion seat. First is the mount on the right side. Second is the bracket needed if there is a spring seat. Third is of a box seat and the companion seat still bolted together. Hope this helps.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So the passenger seat mounts to the box seat but has the leg shown above with a spring ride?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, that is correct. If you were to switch to a spring seat from a box seat, you need to have that U shaped bracket.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Guess at one time my truck must have had a spring ride, becuase it already had the u shaped bracket on the pass. seat, even though it had a box seat when I got it. I now have a spring ride in it :D