• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How high a Gasoline/Diesel ratio can you run in a Multifuel?

kcimb

Re: How high a Gasoline/Diesel ratio can you run in a Multif

superburban said:
How much Gasoline can you run a Multifuel on safely? I mean, can you actually run on 100% gas?

The multifuel manual says you can run on 100% gas, but you only should if normal diesel (#1 fuel for MFs according to manual).

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dumped 20 gallons on a almost empty tank one night. I couldn't get diesel in a small town i was in. The truck ran ok but it got horrable milage. It lost some power. But never skipped a beat. I filled up with diesel when i got to the next town.

Westech

CPL
I have run 100% gas for a tank before with no power loss or millage loss but a real pain to start up. The gas does not like to light up in a cold multi fuel. If you are going to cut the diesel due to cost or wanting less smoke I would go 50%. that way you have enough diesel to start and lube the pump.

FreightTrain

Banned
I also have run straight 87 octane.long time ago.Again,no noticable change.I didn't notice any hard starts but back then I would put the deuce to bed around october and not run it till late march.So I only had HOT ALABAMA starts.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I ran RUG with a few gallons of Used Motor Oil poured in for lubrication of the pump for several tanks.
She ran real good and very little smoke.
Dueces are very forgiving as far as fuel is concerned....but stay way from laquer thinner. :roll:

Blood_of_Tyrants

I wonder how many ground up environmental whackos you need to fill a tank and what the ratio of gasoline to whacko should be? The big fat chicks with the hairy armpits would have quite a bit of blubber, too.......... hmmmmmm :twisted:

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Environmental whackos have a zero btu/cetane/octane rating. It comes from eating all that tree bark and cardboard. Plus, they'll burn out the flux capacitor. They can be easily lured into liking a deuce if you erect a large nest next to the stack and install a spotted owl.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks