• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How I wired up front running lights

chadande

After installing LEDs on the truck I decided I'd like the front amber running lights to be on with the headlights. I've seen ways to jumper wires at the light switch, and even a modified wiring harness that does the same thing. Since the truck has a marker light right there that runs with the headlights I though it would be easy enough to just connect the front running light to that. I disconnected the truck wire for the front running light and capped it. I then put a Y connector on the truck wire for the side marker and connected both the side and front to it. I needed to cut off the male Packard ends and install females for both. Now the front amber lights are on any time the side markers are on. Only thing I can't do now is select park on the light switch and have it turn on the fronts. Blinkers still work great. Pics aren't great but they give you an idea of what I did. Anybody see any issues with this?

Attachments