• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How in the freak do you get these wires though this hole?

FreightTrain

Banned
OK,I got my Convoy light wires from TNJ yesterday but one question.How in the heck do you fish those wires Up the leg and then tough that tinny little hole at the top?I have tried fishtapping,Shaking,screw drivers,feeding it from the small in down,hooking wires up and trying to pull it up.Nothing seems to work.Help.....

Angus1

RE: How in the freak do you get these wires though this hole

Go to lowes or your local elc supply house, and get some wire lube. Hope it helps.

Crazyguypa

I got my kit from TNJ last week and this part kicked my ass for about an hour. What I did was drop some line through the bottom end and out the top (small hole). I tied this onto the 2 wires (end with marker), put some tension on the line with my foot and then worked the coils through the hole in a circular motion.

Just be careful when you get to the end, otherwise the loose end will slip right through the small hole and you will have to do it all again. Don't ask me how I know this :oops: then you can thread the triangle piece on the top. Took me about 5-10 mins to do each pole once i figured it out.

JeepMan

I've used PB Blaster/WD40 as "lube" before for feeding wire thru a rubber spark plug boot before but the wire you're talking about is probably not the same thing.