• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Long does your oil light stay on?

motormayhem

Mine stays on for about 3 sec after start up and goes off for the duration of my drive. Normal or bad? It has been about 3,000 miles since an oil change so I am going to do that soon.

motormayhem

My light goes out in less than a second. Not sure if that is OK or not!:-D
Do you give your motor 1/2 throttle like the operators manual says to when it starts? I haven't been doing that and that is when I noticed it. If I do that it goes out real quick, but ROARS to life.

TyJustice

I'll do a little test in the morning during cold start-up and after it's warmed up. I usually just pump the pedal before start up while glow plugs are warming up, and leave my foot off while I crank. It always fires right up, but I'll pay more attention to the duration of the light and get back to you.

motormayhem

Ok sounds good. The way I have been doing it now that it is hot out is just hop in and crank it the 1/2 sec it takes after the wait to start light goes out without giving it any pedal and the light says on for 2-3 sec and goes out without fail. In the winter I give it 1/2 throttle when it starts like the operators manual says, however, I got to thinking it might be bad for the engine to rev before it has a sec to warm up and build oil pressure, but the light goes out within 1 sec or so.

TyJustice

Upon cold start-up this morning the light went out almost immediately after the engine fired up. I really don't think it stayed on for 1/2 a second and that was with no pedal.

It was the same for the warm start-up was well.

Now that you have me thinking about the reliability of the light, I might as well install an oil gauge.

Does anybody know of a thread that details how one would install an oil pressure gauge to the m1009?

Thanks

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks