• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How long to change out a T-case?

ida34

Oil can is coming up this weekend to change out his T-case. From people that have done it, how long did it take you to remove and install? Looking at things I figure about three hours to take out and probably four or five to install. It looks like it should take considerably less but I factor in Murphy in my equations. The engine I am working on now had Murphy all over it. Approx 15 broken off bolts and studs to fix. I think the last guy to rebuild really over torqued everything then rust set in. Murphy will not be denied.

Any input on time required to complete the job would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chuck

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The worst part of the job was the E-bake cable. I'd drown the adjusting nut in penetrating oil at least a day before i started. But i did it in 4 1/2 hours by myself with a chain fall through the floor. Good luck!

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I'd say clinto & I took mine out & had the replacement back in (w/o the airlines) in about 6 counting trips to wendy's & scrounging for bolts at home depot. I had another couple of hours in the airlines. while mine was out clinto replaced the output seal in the tranny and I swapped my old parking brake onto the new case.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I would also try to park the truck where clearance around the spare is good as that seemed to be the best route of getting the cases in/out.

ida34

Thanks for the respones. The ebrake is not in the equation. It is already removed and the front and rear driveshaft are already removed. It so happens that the spare side is going to afford the most amount of room to drag it out. We will post results later. I will try to get some pics but I will probably not be home for much of the stuff.