• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many people work at GL?!!!

pdstout

This sucks! I know they say it takes 45 days, but I must be in the FNG pile. I have kept a copy of everything I have faxed to GL, and the date I faxed it. I sent in my EUC the same day I won the auction of the truck. Then I find out I need to email a COLOR copy of my DL. Why did they not tell me of this. Next I had to send a signed copy of a import form. Next I get a revision request. No problem I fixed it, and faxed that day. That has been 4 days ago. NOTHING! I have called Daniel at the direct line to him at least 30 times no answer, left mesages no responce! Sent him emails! nothing. Does he even exist! I have spoke with several girls at the GL office and all they can tell me is they are covered up. The last time I spoke with a live person they said give it till Monday. How hard is it to look at 2 papers and see if a box is checked! I think they need to get more help.
I here of guys getting cleared to get there truck in less than 2 weeks. Why is my EUC taking so long! I guess I need to get it off my chest. My wife does not understand.
And another thing It has been paied in full!!!

ABN173

I feel your pain, after my last PCS move my primary vehicle (a dodge Durango) had to go into the shop for a engine rebuild, so during this time I had no transportation. It really sucked to know I had a M1008 that was running and paid just sitting in the DRMO yard less than two miles from my house. As hard as it may be when it comes to GL, you will get more from honey than you will from vinegar........in other words be as nice as you can even if your ticked off.

Good luck,
Dale

pdstout

I have been very nice when I speak with someone. I just want to know I did not mess up again. One email they sent said if my euc was not in by the 5th I would be charged $30.00 or more. I bet if the could not charge your credit card till it gets cleared they would speed things up. What a racket getting paied up front for the product you MIGHT get.

Numbers

Only 45 days is not bad. Wait until you have to get a title (add a couple months if your state does not accept AZ titles). Everything went about the same for me as you are describing because I fell into the "New Buyer" pile. All new buyers fall into that category. Some get lucky and get out of their pile sooner, but others require revision and research (living area, billing address, tax exempt status, etc...). I am not making excuses for them but everytime I tried to get through to someone I reached a live breathing body on the other end of the line. Have you tried Online with GL help?

Someone on here, I think it was Gimpy, warned me to send a color copy of my DL. Nobody warned me that I would have to sign addendums not listed on the GL site though. That little hiccup only took a single day to get out of the way. In other words, no delay on addendums but could have been if I did not have access to a fax machine and a live person at GL.

Online Help should be able to resolve the issue with the EUC and pickup/billing for being late. Same thing occured but they are better suited to explain it than I am. I did not pay and believe you will not have to either.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a lot of EUC threads on here that tell you exactly what you need to send, i.e. color DL, Export Letter, etc. A little research and a lot of patiece is needed. Remember this is not the government but a monopoly supplied by the government. That means they care less.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have called Daniel at the direct line to him at least 30 times no answer, left mesages no responce! Sent him emails! nothing.
Somehow, I don't think this will be taken as honey. I feel your pain, but this in of itself may have pissed them off and your paperwork will end up being handled last.

FormerNewMVGuy

To answer your question, I think maybe 2 or 3 people work there :roll:
Ive bought alot of stuff from GL , but its been a pretty good experience so far. Im waiting for my EUC to clear battle creek as we speak for my genny, hopefully the pickup goes smooth:wink:

Sevo

Pete,
Hey man I know it sucks, hang in there. I got lucky with my EUC's. They all went through very quickly.

gotta love a good ole fashioned monopoly

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
: Due to the economy , The same guys that work for the state changing reflectors on the high ways (The ones where you see one working and 10 stand to watch) were layed off and picked up by GL , now they work hard on EUC's and SF97's and the best of all pushing trucks around with forklifts and tearing all your things up.

I had to pass this on , -Jay

papercu

I have called Daniel at the direct line to him at least 30 times no answer, left mesages no responce! Sent him emails! nothing.
If it was me everytime I heard from you, your EUC would go back to the bottom of the pile. Wayne

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I know is I had Danny handling my stuff and it took FOREVER (or longer). So long I was actually banned from bitching about it in chat. :)

Rat4Spd's stuff was handled by Brandi and it was done almost before it started.

I know the old timers waited 6 or 7 years each EUC (uphill in the snow both ways) but our money is taken before they even tell us we won.

Still - you have options. Hit the classifieds, surf eBay, Craig's list, whatever. You DO NOT have to shop at GL. If you do, expect to wait, expect your paperwork to be screwed up, EXPECT parts stolen. Anything other than that is a BONUS.

It is what it is my man. I hated it, but now that the big beast is sitting in the drive, ready to go whenever I want, with no nieghbors complaining, it doesn't seem like it was that bad.

Your milage may vary.

randyscycle

Personally, I avoid GL like the plague anymore. After a couple of reallllllly slow experiences (always got my stuff) I just got fed up.

I buy from individuals now. I do pay more, but my stress level is lower, and I get to meet a lot of fellow enthusiasts who don't mind doing the GL dance.

I think like any other business, there are folks there who do their job and truly care whether their customer is happy, and folks who don't care. The ones who don't care make the rest of them look bad by doing just the minimum to get a paycheck each week. They don't have a vested interest in the company, nor do they care whether your paperwork gets processed today, or Monday. They will still get that check on Friday regardless.

pdstout

If it was you I would hope I could have spoke with you at least one time! I just wanted to see if I had everything correct. I did the revisions and sent them in ASAP and this was 3 days ago. I was not going to bug them I just wanted to speak with Danny. Why give the customer your direct line, if you will never answer or respond to emails. NOT ONE!!!!

Last edited:

scrapman

3 days? You are expecting things to happen a little too fast. Afterall you should have went the private seller route if you wanted instant results. Why did you go the GL way? Was it because you saw what private sellers were charging and thought it was too high? Did you think "Hey, I'll just buy it at auction myself and won't pay that HIGH price". Well this is part of that "savings" you are going to get. Once your EUC does clear in 3 to 6 weeks you will have to get your title. Through GL another 2 to 4 weeks & $60 or a title company of your choice, quicker but on average $200 or so. Now it is time to get tags depending on your state it can be quick & easy like Florida or a torture like California. And if your win is close to home that is the easy part, however if it is 500-600 miles away it may not be a simple drive it home especially if you did not preveiw it in person and depended on the description I.E. "driven to lot". So quit your whining cause you are not only person having to wait in line. You should have checked the water before you jumped in.

Last edited:

jimm1009

I would highly recommend NEVER faxing or e-mailing the documents to them.

It is realy really really really worth the 8 to 10 dollars to send it priority mail and certified too. You get this little green card back that is legal proof that they received it.
Send a little cover letter with your name, customer number, event number, and lot number and it should go through pretty fast in most cases.
Also include a color copy of the front and back of your drivers license, passport if available, and any other federal id like a pilot's license, military id card, etc.
Make the color copies slightly enlarged if possible too.

If you fax or e-mail they can say many times over that they never received it even when you have a fax machine receipt that they did.

The magic green card is proof in court and they know it. What is an additional $10 for peace of mind and speed in processing?
As mentioned above there are several threads on this for anyone to review.
I've only done four EUCs and four SF97 requests but never once been turned back, cancelled, or otherwise messed over other than the time-wait thing. If yoiu have been in the military and especially the Army the "hurry up and wait" still exists in the civilian world too.
No way to get around the waiting but having everything correct the first time and ensuring that it arrives is the key to success.
Note: Make sure that your legal name that is on your drivers license is what is used for your name with G.L. for one reason using myself as an example. My name that I use is Jim Zehr My legal name is James R. Zehr.
My account had Jim on it for three years and when I received my SF-97 transfer, bill of sale, etc. it was like the sky is falling when I went to the OMV to do the title in my name. They were wanting to poop 2 x 4s because "how dare I use something other than my legal name" on such important paperwork.
It may not matter in some states but I thought that it would be worth all of you here on S.S. to consider if you purchase from G.L. You may wish to review and possbily correct your name to save time down the road. By the way, there is no way for you to change your name on your G.L. account. You have to send Customer Service an e-mail with your customer number and give them your current name and the corrected name that you want and they do it for you.
They will send you an e-mail and I would advise you keeping the e-mail for 6 months or so to prove the account has been around for a while.
Your mileage will vary and I hope this long-winded 2.5 cents will help some of you with some pain relief in dealing with G.L. if you elect to do business with them.
Above all, Think O.D. Green brothers and sisters!!! :-D

rat4spd

Hmmm..my first EUC had invoice paid in hand in 5 business days. My second took about three weeks, although the $220 M105 I got is pristine with new tires, canvas and bows...so the wait, even as "long" as it was gives me an overall positive experience with GL.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm..my first EUC had invoice paid in hand in 5 business days. My second took about three weeks, although the $220 M105 I got is pristine with new tires, canvas and bows...so the wait, even as "long" as it was gives me an overall positive experience with GL.
While I am "the rule", you my man are "the exception". Your luck won't last forever, though my wait times could get even longer.

I'm guessing it's easier to wait when you already have a MV in the driveway. Every time you get uptight about the wait, you can just take a trip around town in the deuce you already have and you gotta smile. How can you drive a deuce and not smile???????

FormerNewMVGuy

I just wanted to add, that i have never called or used live chat, I just submit the paperwork and sit back and wait, I have never had to wait more than10 to 15 business days for any of the EUC.
Now, the SF-97 is another thing, after the first time and not knowing if it was recieved, I now send that one priority mail so i can have the little ticket.

GL is a learning experience, Learn as you go. I also found that if you send them an email now and then telling them you think they are doing a great job. your stuff gets to you even faster:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks