• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much blowby is too much?

My M1009 seems to run well (thanks to all of you), I am however concerned that my engines blowby is a bit excessive. I pulled the oil dipstick while the engine was idling and saw that a slight puff of vaporized oil was coming from it. Same story at the filler cap. The inside of my intake manifold looks oily too. I have decent power, at 103000 mi. I cleaned the cdr with some WD40, but havent yet had a chance to check if it made a difference. Any thoughts? Any members in the area of New Orleans?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks