• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much difference does new shocks make?

TITANBOW

I’ve got an M101a2 trailer, and I’ve used it a bit so far for family camping. Towing with my 4Runner I have realized it rides pretty rough. I do have all terrain tires on it which probably don’t help. But I guess my question is, if I were to put new shocks in the trailer, how much of an improvement could I expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeadParrot

Shocks smooth a ride. They usually don't make it softer or harder.

How much weight is in the trailer? A light load will ride rougher. These trailers are designed to haul 1500lbs over unimproved terrain. They aren't going to be a soft ride running down the smooth highway.

What pressure is in the tires? If you are running light full time, you don't need anywhere near the max pressure ratings on the sides of the tires.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New shocks made a big difference on both of mine.
Smoothed out the ride and made tow even better.
I run 35-45psi for different loads and 65psi for heavy stuff.

Definitely can’t hurt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks