• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much fuel?

motormayhem

How much fuel should be coming out of the black rubber hose on the front of the ip? I pulled my while it was running today and was surprised to see that is wasn't spraying out, just a healthy drizzle coming from the ip side of the hose. Is this normal? I have never checked it before and so I am curious to see. It has about 2,000mi on the new injector pump and lifter pump.

Last edited:

acmunro

That sounds normal to me. It doesn't spray out on any that I have worked on. The combination of the IP return and the 8 injector returns adds up to a pretty heavy return to the tank, but each one by itself doesn't seem like much.

motormayhem

Well this wosent form one injector it was from the black hose one the front of the IP that connects to the hard steel line that becomes a rubber hose and connects to each injector. Also what is this for as it seems to run normally with it disconnected and spewing diesel or connected.

acmunro

That sounds normal to me. It doesn't spray out on any that I have worked on. The combination of the IP return and the 8 injector returns adds up to a pretty heavy return to the tank, but each one by itself doesn't seem like much.
That sounds normal to me = Not very much fuel comes from the Injector pump return.

The combination of the IP return and the 8 injector returns adds up to a pretty heavy return to the tank = The small amount of fuel from the line in question, and the small amount of fuel from each injector = steady flow to tank

The return line allows fuel to return to the tank instead of dumping out on the ground. As Recovery 4X4 noted. The engine will not run with the return line blocked. It has to let the fuel go someplace and back to the tank is the best place.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks