• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how much to lift you m1008

84cucv1ton

cant believe how this is adding up. heres what i got:

86 m1008 $800

Lift springs, grease able bushings, hd shackles front and rear. flip for the rear hardware around 1000.

steering:
2wd box 40
high steer 650
box brace 100
weld on brace 50

dana 60:
warn hubs 100
Detroit locker 400

14b"
drums to disk about 250 or so. will brace it when funds allow.

motor:
banks kit 900

clocking ring 60

tires and rims. cheap old hummer tires. not the best, but the price was good. 400

i didnt even turn one wrench on this yet. but that what i have that i can remember off the top of my head. im sure when i get into it. there will be things popping up.

this will get done. cant wait. sure adds up fast. have a great weekend guys

mike

AJMBLAZER

Eh, you gotta pay to play. Big Ugly is still pretty stock(ish) but I don't even want to count out the money I've spent on it. The tires and wheels alone set me back about $800 and I got a deal!

AJMBLAZER

Hijack: Hey ajmblazer what wheels are you running the big XL tires on? Got any pics? Thanks, Dave
2007 GMC 1 ton 16x7 grey steel wheels. They work great on pretty much any GM factory 16" 8 lug wheels.

Through my profile is a link to my cardomain page, there's a bunch of pictures in there.

jw4x4

Less than a week after I started driving my 1009, I spent almost twice the purchase price on add-ons and mods. And I am not even close to being done yet. Most of the major items are done, but there are more in the works.

Croatan_Kid

I got all my lift parts (except shocks) through ORD and I believe my total was 850, not including crossover steering.

Front HD springs
greasable bushings and shackles
3" rear block
rear u-bolt flip kit
ProComp ES9000 shocks
ORD brake lines
Drop pitman arm

I know there was other stuff, but I don't remember it all.

84cucv1ton

i lifted mine a bit different. got only a few things from ord. i decided to go with diy4x4 for most of it. i think ord stuff it great. so is diy4x4. with diy4x4 i thought i was getting more for the money.