• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How on earth to you title/register one of these vehicles?

BRDM2nco

So I am super interested in bringing in a BRDM 2. Ive had my eye on tanksforsale. How do you go about titling and registering a vehicle like this? I dont plan on driving it too much, but boy would I love to take it out every now and again.

Malyutkaman

As far as Washington state goes it's just a matter of taking it to the state patrol for an inspection and then applying for a collector vehicle plate (I've done it with my Ferret and Fox). Or, what I do with the BRDM is get a trip permit whenever I want to drive it. The real problem is getting it imported. I've had my BRDM for about 10yrs. now so things may be easier but when I filled out the BATF paperwork it took over a year to get it approved with a final ok from the State Dept. due to the fact that it was an ex-communist block vehicle. When I finally got it approved the person from the BATF said it was the first privately owned vehicle of it's type in the US. As far as I know there are only two 9P122 tank destroyers in the country, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more. Definately a fun vehicle, would like to see more imported.