• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Tall ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could a couple guys go out and actually measure how tall your Deuce is at the highest point (exhaust stack?) , (Or is the troop seats the tallest point?) I do not want to know the height of rear canvas with bows.(I only have troop seats) I am trying to figure out the total, trailered or rollback height for my deuce's trip home! I plan to get the GL truck on wednesday. I looked at the TM's and I saw 112" but I can't tell where that is(exh. pipe or bows)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, BFR and Boatcarpenter! That sounds good for me ! :)

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you had to, you could pop off the exhaust stack,lay the troop seats flat in the bed, take the top off and fold down the windshield and that becomes about 81 1/2 inches tall with the steering wheel the tallest point, that is with 11-20's on it.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like worst case 148"= 12'-4, loaded on a rollback! to the stack top! That will be fine. Thanks, Eric :driver:

houdel

Eric - 105" for me. The stack removes in about two minutes using a pair of 1/2" wrenches. Pop off the soft top and you're down to about 93" to the top of the windshield frame. Good luck with your two new Deuces, you lucky dog. Next you'll probably want a M108 wrecker, just in case one breaks down on the road!

BTW, where is Pulaski? My knowledge of NY is mostly limited to driving the NY T-Way from the Mass Pike to Buffalo, but I've made the trip so many times I'm familiar with most of the places along that route. Oh yeah - made a few "camp-outs" at Ft Drum too!

Pulaski is North of Syracuse just off of I-81. As I recall a little better than half way to Watertown from Syracuse. It has been a whle but I have made many trips to Camp/Fort Drum from Buffalo or Niagara Falls in a previous life.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jld66 said:
Pulaski is North of Syracuse just off of I-81. As I recall a little better than half way to Watertown from Syracuse. It has been a whle but I have made many trips to Camp/Fort Drum from Buffalo or Niagara Falls in a previous life.
This is correct!

Desert Rat

Mine probably doesn't count since she's a 109 with heavy modifications. However, she's 11' 6" to the top of the stack and 11' 3" to the top of the box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks