• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to install the control valves on a m816?

madsam

I have tried to install the control valves in my 816 and I can't figure out how to connect the pipe on the left next to the boom. It looks as if the valve needs to turn over to screw on the pipe, but there is not enough room. I have looked at the manuals, but can't figure out how to do this.

Attachments

area52

Are you trying to connect the two female ends? or the one female end inside to the male fitting on the valve block?

If its the two female connections, just go get a pipe nipple in the right size and its should screw right in.

madsam

Wrecker

The female pipe in the hole on the left and the female hole in the valve assembly. The pipe that connects the two is sitting on top with two male ends, one with a converter. The pipe is a basic steel galvanized, mail at both ends. So the only way would be to screw the pipe into the female fitting on the left through the hole and then screw the valve body onto the mail adapter. The problem is that the valve body dies not have room to spin to screw on. So how did they get the valve body off?

By the way, that stupid valve body is heavy so no to easy to play with.

I have looked at the manual, TM9-2320-260-24P-2 and it points out that the pipe connects there, but does not talk about how to connect it. (Unless I missed it.)

I was hoping that someone who has a wrecker might have dealt with this before.

Crash_AF

RE: Wrecker

Looking at the -20, it looks like you have to pull the hose with the elbow through the hole in the gondola, remove the elbow from the hose, install the nipple/fitting assembly on the valve assembly, install the elbow on the nipple, then reattach the hose to the elbow.

Later,
Joe

Crash_AF

RE: Wrecker

So you'll look on Tuesday? LOL

It's snowing it's tail off down here in the 'Springs and not supposed to stop until tomorrow night, I can only imagine what it's doing up in Teller.

Later,
Joe

madsam

Well, I should have said that it when the snow slows down.

I looked and to get to that hose connection behind the gondola, would be a pain if not imposable without removing the gondola. There is only about 5 to 6 inches between the gondola and the boom. To get a pipe wrench to move in that space would be hard. So, I replaced the pipe to the valve with a pipe coupling and 2 small threaded pipes. (I will get a pic later.) We will see if it holds without leaking. If it does not hold, I will then replace it the other way.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Brian, have you considered any pressure failures? I do not know what the rating is for that spot in your hydraulics, or what the rating is for your adapter, but I'd hate to see you get a chunk of steel stuck in you. You might want to bult a scatter shield if you cannot find the ratings.

madsam

Well, when it is run, there is a steel plate over that, but defiantly it is something to be aware of. When looking, though, the diagrams seem to indicate that is a return from the valve. So it should have minimal pressure. But I will make sure before I fire anything up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks