• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to mount spot mirror?

Cummins_12v

Hi, i got 2x spot mirrors in the mailbox today, but i dont get ane brackets. How do i attach them to my mirrors? Suposed to use one of the bolts thats on the mirrorbars or what? :)

Flyingvan911

You can go to a truck stop and they usually have brackets to mount a spot mirror onto the main mirror bracket. Depending on the size of the stud, you might use a CB antenna mount. They come in different styles and will give you more mounting options. I say mount it right under the regular mirror so you get a good view down the side of the truck.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My spots mount to a vertical bracket attached to the top horizontal mirrow bracket and allow the spot to hang down about 8-10 inches. It allows for a good view down each side of the truck. NAPA, Tractor Supply, or any good truck should have what you need.

zout

Some look like "U" brackets - at the end of the U they are bent 90 degrees where a small bolt goes through - they wrap around the mirror mounting arms so you can postion them how you like.

Another style is an "L" bracket - the end of the L uses the bottom bolt on the mirror - and the long leg of the L - this is where you would fasten the spot mirror.

Knowing this and if you have some metal laying around - you could make your own.
Seen you are from Norway - my last name is Norweigen (Engebretsen) and my great great grandfather came here from Norway. The world is small indeed.

wsucougarx

I made up my own mirror bracket using a thin piece of galvanized steel I got from a hardware store. Drilled a couple holes and mounted them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks