• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to post a classified ad?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightechken

I click on classified ads, And cannot find the "submit ad" place to click anywhere! Search as I might, Pull out more hair, And still no way to post
a for sale ad! Just WHERE is that elusive "Submit ad" place to click to be
able to post a classified ad???????????????

Thanks, Ken

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to have 5 posts to use the free ads. The idea is that you need to be a contributing member and not a fly by night one time seller.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's in the rules you just read and agreed to when you joined.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
wait a minute....we're supposed to have read them???????? I thought you just clicked "I accept" without actually looking at them.....kinda like singing that contract from the lawyers office :mrgreen:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's in the rules. It's not a secret.

If you can't read the rules, you may not be able to use a website like this one. We discuss some fairly technical issues and reference material that needs to be read(tech manuals).

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So let's recap...the OP has been a member since 11-09....takes almost a year to realize he can't post a classified ad due to not enough posts. And almost another year to rack up a whopping 6 posts. Huh, I would never expect things to change around me with setting a staggering pace like that.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more thing, if I notice you post close to 100 BS posts, you probably will get your post count dropped when you get close to 100!

Please contribute to the site, not fill it up with useless posts( Wow, looks beefy, Nice truck, Interesting...)

kennys@wi.rr.com

Can we please send out a mass PM to everyone with less than 100 post so they no longer have to keep making a post in the forums? I did a search for classifieds and there are pages of crap from people who can't figure this out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even when you go to make a post in the forum it gives you suggestions of other threads that are close to the title of yours? :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Bigred77

Can we please send out a mass PM to everyone with less than 100 post so they no longer have to keep making a post in the forums? I did a search for classifieds and there are pages of crap from people who can't figure this out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even when you go to make a post in the forum it gives you suggestions of other threads that are close to the title of yours? :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
I dont think that would accomplish much because as soon as you send it out there would be 10 other newbies that just joined. It is going to happen anytime there is a rule like that.

Bigred77

in my opinion there should just be a headline at the top of the classified page only visible if you dont have enough posts under you belt. saying that you cant post in the classifieds yet.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

That's how we weed out the smart members from the "less smart" members!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks