• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to post pdf single page

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have seen some of you post a SINGLE page from a TM, I have tried to post a single page from a PDF TM, I can high light the page, then bring up copy, then hit copy, but if I go to paste, it is not there and can't find out where it copied to, so HOW do you post a single page, thanks

3dAngus

So many people use different methods so I will just give you one that I use quite often for temp solutions.

After you copy, paste to the desktop. It is the easiest to remember. In the thread, use the tool for extracting the .pdf from your desktop, in lieu of looking all over your disk for what may or may not be there. Delete or move from your desktop after your post or thead is completed.

KsM715

If you highlight the area you want and hit copy, then go to MS paint (I assume you have that) open MS paint and go to edit, then click on paste. Then save it from there. Thats how I do it

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
thank you all, It works, thanks Jeff, your way works the best for me

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you highlight the area you want and hit copy, then go to MS paint (I assume you have that) open MS paint and go to edit, then click on paste. Then save it from there. Thats how I do it
Ditto.

If I am working on a wiring diagram, I can also color the lines for the component I am working on. I have saved dozens of differnt colored diagrams.

paulfarber

There is an open source app called PDFTK that allows you to get one page. Imagemagik is also an open source package that can convert the PDF file to jpg, png, tiff etc.

blybrook

It really depends on the level of your PDF reader / writer. At the office, I have Adobe Pro, which allows me to extract pages from the master PDF, as well as edit them as necessary. Of course, I utilize this tool while on my lunch break or after office hours.

If I want a few pages, or just one, I'll extract it to the same place, every time. That way I always know where it is at. Then I go rename it as appropriate and post it to a thread if that's where it is destined to be.

There have been great suggestions in this thread so far, just another way to do it.

mikey

Here is a tip for anyone that cares. There are programs out there called PDF converters or PDF writers. Some of them are free. I recommend PrimoPDF:

PDF Converter — #1 Free PDF Creator — PrimoPDF

What does this software do?

Simply put, it enables you to create a PDF from basically any document or anything that you can physically print. You can even use it to create a PDF from web pages! Great for saving your online receipts.

How does it work?

You install the software and then it shows up as a Printer on your computer. You can open any document (Word, Excel, notepad, PDF ANYTHING) then select Print like you would to normally print something. Next you select PrimoPDF from your available printers then follow the prompts. Nothing physically prints, it just creates a PDF file. You can use it to convert pictures to PDF, webpages, basically ANYTHING that you can normally print from your printer.

But wait, there's more. If you order now.... You can also open an existing multipage document like a long Word document or a TM in PDF and extract a single or multiple pages from it. So, you can use it to make a single page PDF from one page of an existing TM.

Another cool feature is you can create a multipage PDF from mutiple pages of a single document or multiple documents. You can create a single PDF file from all of your favorite pages of multiple TM's. You simply follow the normal print procedures, then when prompted for a file name, select an existing PDF and when prompted chose "Append' instead of "Overwrite".

It's a great tool to have and it's free.

Hope this helps!

Mikey

Attachments

Jones

I downloaded "Cutewriter". It installs itself like a second printer.
To use; find the .pdf page(s) you want to post, e-mail, etc. and click "print". When the print box opens up, select cutewriter and then "print". At this point it'll ask if you want to save. Click yes and a location to save to . Now you've got only those pages which you can select to post, e-mail, etc. without ending up sending the entire manual

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Still all these ways are added to the solution and depends on the situation, may be needed
I'm sure that I am not the only one with BELOW average computer skill that had this QUESTION

THANK YOU EVERYBODY,

Last edited:

3dAngus

Oh yes, I wholeheartedly agree Ron. You can write Several books on this subject and take a college course on it, depending on what you want to do. And still not collect all the data for every example. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of apps out there with all kinds of power to do almost anything you want to do with .pdf files, including plucking, rendering, and animating in 3D if that is your desire.

The thread spread out much more than the original question is all I was saying. No worries.
Let the good times roll.

paulfarber

The vast majority of these 'free' pdf apps are just front ends for pdftk or ghostprint or imagemagick.

One thing about all these pdf tools is that they obey the security settings of the document. So you could be locked out of printing, or saving pages depending on the authors settings.

There is a way around it, its easy, but somewhat shady.

Just like the vast majority of CD/DVD rom burning software use *NIX bases isotools/mkiso and other libs.

I use them both for my TM search app on my web site. You enter a search term and spits out all the pages that match in PDF for viewing or DL. Neat tools.

jaxsof

Ive always just chosen to print the single page using Office Doc Image writer as the printer, and save it somewhere convenient for further use, but PDFTK looks like it will be much easier . TY