• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to remove 5-ton multi-fuel pressure-plate

jesusgatos

Need to swap the 2.5-ton bellhousing and everything over onto the new LDS engine, and am wondering how I'm supposed to remove the 5-ton pressure-plate. Removed all the bolts around the perimeter and then noticed the three bolts further in towards the center. One of them has a tag (had been painted over) that reads, 'remove after installation'. Should I remove those three bolts before or after removing all the bolts around the outside of the pressure-plate?

Attachments

jesusgatos

Oh, but after removing all the bolts around the perimeter, the pressure-plate didn't come loose. Thought those other bolts might be securing it to the flywheel? So figured I had better ask about the correct way to remove it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might need a little tug. Those bolts hold spring pressure on the pressure plate for installation. No need to remove them to remove the pressure plate.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jesse, I'm sure those three bolts just keep the PP assy. compressed so as to easily be able to install the clutch disk.
Keep trying, it should come off. Maybe sticking in place from excess paint...?

Oooops... Kenny, you were faster!

G.

jesusgatos

Can anybody help me identify these bearings? They came with the LDS engine, and am assuming that one of them is a throwout bearing. Wondering if it will work with my 2.5-ton transmission? No idea about the other one. Feels much too large to be a pilot bearing. They're just in sealed packages and am reluctant to open them if I can't use them.

Attachments