• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to Remove Brake Master

HunterW

I searched, but found no info on how to actually remove the brake master.

I am in the process of replacing my leaky master. All the bolts and lines are removed, but the master seems to be wedged between the front bracket that it mounts to and the frame crossmember behind it.

Is there a trick to this? Surely the front bracket doesn't have to be removed...

Thanks for any help!

Hunter

:lost:

dittle

No brackets need removed, the plugs will help but its just a very tight fit. Try to angle it a little bit and work one side though, then the other. Thats how I got the one out that I was working on.

HunterW

Are you talking about the two plugs on the back side of the master that are both slightly angles downward?

I had thought of that, but didn't think it would give me enough clearance.

Westex

I had **** with mine, too. You DO have to remove the plug (as I remember, the plug facing the starboard, or passenger side of the truck, rearward on the master cylinder) to remove this thing. It was extremely tight, and I said alot of bad words during the process. And you have to put your socket through the hole in the bracket to remove the difficult remaining master cylinder attaching bolt on the driver side of the master cylinder. You do not have to remove the pedal assembly. It looks like a tight fit and it is, but it WILL come out.

HunterW

Removing that one bolt on the passenger side of the master worked! That actually gave it plenty of clearance.

Thanks guys!

Great forum! This is my first post... been browsing on here for years though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks