• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to replace starter button?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried to remove the starter button but can not get it out of its hole because it gets blocked behind the dash by a steel plate or something. Tried wiggeling and everything. Any tricks?

Or do I really need to pull the entire dash from left to right away to get to this stupid button (if so, what's the best way to do that).

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, just a check. Several of the manuals show the starter button at different locations. My starter button, in a 1973 M51A2, is located in the uppermost left corner of the dash board, TM ...10 and ..20 show the button in a much more central position, lower part of the dash board just to the right of the steering wheel. Mine has been replaced or this is also a normal place?

I looked for the manuals, but could not find a reference to the starter button as seperate topic, only as part of a testing procedure?