• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to tell if you need to change brake lining

dfanders

Gents,

We are going to be installing new tires( Rims and all) on the M52. Since we are going to be removing all the Tires anywhy, i was thinking it might be a good time to peek in at the brakes inside the hubs, to see what condition they are in.

How do you tell if it is time for new brake linings? The brakes work fine right now..except that if you slam on the brakes, sometime the drivers side rear locks up. If you push gently, no problem, but if you stomp on it , you might get a lock up on only 1 set on one side.

Is it a big pain to get the hubs off to look at the brakes on a 1957 M52 ?

Thanks
David Fanders

PS - Here is why we are getting new tires

Attachments

area52

They are heavy so have some helpers or a crane or something. I think one of the TM's has a measurement for the lining, no sure which one though sorry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks