• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to test new GP Relay out of veh?

camdensc

Can anyone advise the proper way to test a new gp relay while it is out of the vehicle? Would you use a jumper cable from positive battery post to top lug, then ground out one of the small posts? My gp control card went bad, and I tried to wire the bypass, and it still didn't work. I purchased a new relay from NAPA (looks different than original) but still nothing. The gp's work, I jumped the relay and it started right up, so I need to test the relay, now that both the old and new are out.

I have read as many of the gp relay posts as I can find, but did not find mention of how to test it out of veh.

Thanks

Michael

Hook one small terminal to ground and the other to +12v which will energize an electromagnet which closes the connection between the two big posts. So with 12v applied there should be zero resistance between the two big posts.

camdensc

Michael,
Thank you. Both the old and new relay work fine..... I found that the small red wire connected to the small post has no power. I left the wire there, and ran a secondary wire to the post for power. It works great now.

Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks