• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to tow an M105

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or should I say, how NOT to tow one!
Weird weather, hot, then cool, then snow in April :shock: then nice sunny day! WTF?!?!?

Anyway, I had to move the trailer in the backyard, so I used my 'yard mule' to put it away. The pic of the bus is for those of you who have asked to see what she looked like. The other side is completely painted. (figures)

I was very surprised the M105 didn't flip the M38A1 on it's butt! My wife is getting really good at helping me unhitch and hitch that trailer. [thumbzup]

Attachments

pa.rich

Ferroequinologist, You ever wished you had more room there? I mean, not to annoy you, pardon me, but do the neighbors like looking at the bus? Alot of M.V. owners get complaints in a suburb area where that makes quite an impact.Been there myself, ended up moving where no one bothers me , and I dont bother anyone either. Again, pardon me.

pa.rich

Ferroequinologist, You ever wished you had more room there? I mean, not to annoy you, pardon me, but do the neighbors like looking at the bus? Alot of M.V. owners get complaints in a suburb area where that makes quite an impact.Been there myself, ended up moving where no one bothers me , and I dont bother anyone either. Again, pardon me.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Devilman, if you notice, I have started to rattle can the rear of the jeep. That 'fall in the desert' camo just has to go!

Pa.rich, my neighbors are really cool. Of course, that might help that the side one looks at is painted. They could care less really, a couple ask me regularly how its coming on fixing her up. The city got on to me about it. Got a warning, no commercial vehicles and I thought they meant my forklift. (I had it in the driveway that day) 30 days later, I come home and there is a ticket on the door, for the commercial vehicle (I now figured out it was the bus) for $30 A DAY since the warning! Took forever to get in touch with the zoning guy. all the while the 'meters running'

Finally got ahold of him, he says, it is up to his boss now, gave me here name and number, and asked me to CALL HIM BACK to tell him the outcome! :shock: Don't you work in the same building? Probably on the same floor. Just lean over your cubical and ASK.

So I call her, explain it is a motor home, and is registered as such. "well, the problem is it's registered in NC." 'No it isn't its in SC' "well, it still needs to be in VA. Do you have any other vehicles registered in SC?" 'Yes Ma'am, I'm active duty Navy and still a resident of SC' "well, we need you to send us some paperwork and we will get back to you."

So I fax the title, insurance, my orders, and such. Waited a couple of hours to call her to make sure she got it. Called, got her voice mail " I will be on vacation until (6days later)" So the $30 a day meter is still running..... aua

Finally, on the day she said she would be back, I called again. She said, "let me go check my box" So she puts me on hold, walks across the building, (which must be 10miles long, have an obstacle course, and lots of distractions because I was on hold for 30min) And she finally gets back on the phone to say she has it and will call me when she is done reviewing it.

She calls two days later, and says "after talking to the city attorney :?: we have decided to drop the charges."

[thumbzup]

So the city hates it, but my neighbors don't mind. (they all know I'll save their hides if something were to ever happen around here.)

As to the more room, My wife and I just bought 41 acres in SC. Very nice, and is surrounded by woods. No neighbors for miles. Green Iron Galore!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That trailer is bigger than the Jeep. PLEASE tell Santa Claus to stop painting his Jeeps with Fruitcake Camo.

I notice a lot of antennas on the rear of the bus. Is the owner a ham radio operator? I know someone up here who uses an old 60s bus as a emergency ham radio base station, lots of antennas and gear on board...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Amusing, but still not as funny as the Volvo pulling a 105.

herc69

maddawg, those aren't antennae, that is a wind chime hanging in the foreground! Anyway, we all can't wait til ferro and family move here so we can store some of his MV OD iron THERE for a change, instead of my backyard [thumbzup] . Not that it bothers me, but it makes for an interesting time when I try to cut the grass growing between the axles! :driver: H__l, I may move some of it before they move!! Besides that, I am looking forward to playing with all the stuff he keeps in VA...

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Clinto, want to know the funny thing? That's the same trailer! :D

it must have an inferiority complex and needs to be around smaller vehicles....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: How to tow an M105

herc69 said:
maddawg, those aren't antennae, that is a wind chime hanging in the foreground!
Oh, yeah, well, I guess I have to go to the optometrist pretty soon, huh?

Thanks for making me look pretty dumb. Which is normal for me! :)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: How to tow an M105

Navy Trainmaster now you just need to add a pintal hitch to the back of the M 105 and tow it and then the Jeep with the bus down to SC that will solve the trailers inferiority complex with a I hauled your aXX all the way down here. I hope to move to a similar location especially if they start to try an pass anymore gun laws here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks