• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to wire a dome light.

kipman

For those of you who installed a dome light in your deuce, where did the power come from and where did the wires run?. Thanks for the help in advance.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't put it in yet, but I was gonna use a spider, tap into the instrument lights, run the wire thru the firewall, under the cab and back up thru the holes for the radio wires and up to the cab top frame. Was just gonna run the ground inside the split loom back to the edge of the cab.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took power from the battery box, routed up through the cutouts in the floor under the passenger seat, to some electronics mounted behind the passenger seat, and from there to the lights. I also have a loom of #12 wire from the back-of-seat connections running back down through the hole, under the cab, and uo to thw firewall hole where the original wires come through. From there the items at the front of the cab are powered.