• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howard Hammonds - deceased????

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Greetings all,
Earlier today I posted the message below - having gotten no response, I reverted to my basic researcher role. There, I found an obituary for Charlie Howard Hammonds, of Greenville, Ky - age 79, army veteran - with a son named Wayne "Buddy" Hammonds among his survivors. This does not look well for our Howard - but I hope that one of you can tell me that this is just a sad coincidence. What say ya'll?

Initial post:
Work objectives have kept me from wrenching on my trucks for a few years - but that is changing soon. So...for those who have been more active than I, what is the status of Howard Hammonds and his yard?

When I last saw him his health was improving, but his salvage yard was being "cleaned".

What is the current situation on both?

Thanks,
David Doyle
West Tennessee

eddiec

unfornatually, it is correct, it was our Howard that passed. the yard is still open, ran by Buddy. and should remain that way for a long time to come.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
That is sad to learn....he was a fine, and interesting fellow.

Thank you for the information.

Sincerely,
David Doyle
West Tennessee

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks