• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdy all

sht2kll

Howdy all: I am new to this forum and wanted to say hello. I wish I would of found this site bofore I bought my 86' M1008. I paid WAY to much for a rusty P.O.S. oh well I have it now and am stuck with it. I have not decided if I am going to keep it 24V or convert it to 12V. Does anybody have a source for parts to rebuid the 24V. starter ( brushes, solenoid, and bushings) and the injector pump? Lots of great information here and look forward to being a part of this community. Thanks for any help. Tom

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first rule of MV ownership is as soon as you buy a truck you will find another one that is much nicer and way cheaper.

You should keep the truck 24volt. That is about the only thing that makes it military. I believe only the starter is 24 volt anyway and the glow plugs. I may be wrong though. i am no CUCV expert.

Scarecrow1

Hello and welcome from SC , there are many places to look for parts but I would try your local area parts supplier or rebuild shops .If you have a problem on installing them they are more likely to help if you purchase the parts from them :-D If not then a quick google search will help you on your way ,,,,,,, Good luck and again welcome............

ralbelt

Welcome. The starter can be rebuilt at any good shop that repairs starters as well as the alternators. You should be able to finf a standyne shop for the pump. glow plugs from indusa on ebay. pretty much everything else I have had good luck at Napa.