• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdy from KY

howardc

I bought an 85 m1009 yesterday. My wife told me I needed to get a 4 door 4x4 that I can put a car seat in ( I drive an 01 s10 ZR2). So I did some searching and found this thing. It starts right up and sounds awesome, 90,000 miles on it, but has some rust. My plans for it right now in order:

1. repair rusty floor pans and rocker panels.
2. Rhino line the interior (might as well since i'll have the seats out anyway)
3. replace back seat, has tears and a chunk of cushion ripped out.
4. Tint windows

The pic is from the ad, I haven't gotten my hands on it yet...dude had to order a replacement title bc he lost the original.:doh:

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, welcome to Steel Soldiers. Bad news though, that truck is not a 4 door. Good news is it does have a back seat. Don't trade money for truck until you have a title though.

howardc

Thanks. I would prefer 4 doors but it's low enough stock for me to be able to get my son in the back with no problem. By the time I'll be able to afford a lift kit he'll be old enough to get back there on his own; hes 6 months old now.

I told the guy when he has a title for it I'll give him cash. Not gonna learn my lesson the hard way...

howardc

Cool, looks like fun. Maybe by then it'll be ready to play. I'm in OWB so it's about 4 hrs away.

Last edited:

howardc

Thanks guys. It's my first MV and first diesel. I wasn't sold on it immediately, but then I heard it run, and had to drive it. As soon as I drove it I knew I had to have it!