• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HT740 Flexplate Question

Olly

I just got my transmission the other day it's out of a pumper truck it was mounted to a L10 Cummins, and I have my 350 Big Cam waiting I just can't seem to figure out a way to connect it. The flexplate that it came with has eight holes and the ring gear seems to be made onto the torque converter I will post a couple of pics if anyone has any tips, ideas or anything I've scoured the internet for three days now and came up with nothing. Called four different transmission rebuild shops and they have no idea what I'm talking about and say you can't mount an HT740 to a Big Cam 855 which I know is a load of Stuff. Anyway I'm rambling any help would be appreciated.
DSC06020.JPG
with the flexplates on
DSC06023.JPG
with the flexplates off
DSC06025.JPG
the flexplates

Olly

915A1s are set up like that, refer to TM?
Thanks for the advice checked all the TMS I could find for the A-1 saw the transmission, the torque converter and flywheel but all the pictures that show the flywheel without the teeth on it and it shows the flexplate with the teeth on it. But mine has the ring on the flywheel and the flexplates just bolt inside of it and there's about six of them. So that's where I was confused before, everything I had checked over the past couple of days has shown the flexplate with the ring gear on it but mine isn't like that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks