• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hub Flip Question

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been reviewing the threads on Hub Flipping prior to starting mine and I have one question. When you flip the hub, does the inner bearing become the outer and vice versa? I assumed you just reversed the hubs and studs.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, no! The inner bearing has a larger inner diameter so it can only be an inner. To do it exactly right you would need to remove the races and switch them from inside to out but I know many folks who didn't and went right on down the road with no problems. The bearings will fit either race.

mikew

How to:

Hub Flip

Inner bearing stays inner, outer stays outer. The inside diameter of the bearings is different but the races (or cups if you like) are identical.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys. That's what I thought but when you look at several different threads, you sometimes get conflicting info. Now to get to work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks