• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hub Screws

I keep having issues keeping the screws (part number 3 in the picture) in the from hub covers from backing out. I have lost a total of 3 of them (2 on the left front, 1 on the right). I don't know if this is indicative of a problem, or maybe I am not putting enough ass behind it when i tighten them down. Im considering putting some blue loc tight on them....BUT i want to be able to easily service the bearings. Is this a common problem, or am I just being a nancy when I tighten these screws down? Would yall recommend any type of thread sealer?

Also, can I buy these screw anywhere other then the stealership? I haven't actually BEEN to the parts stores around here, but my searches online with the GM part numbers havent turned up any results at the big stores, i.e oreilly, autozone, napa, etc etc

Attachments

Westech

CPL
I have got some blots that fit from ACE and True-value hardware. I do put a dab of RED on my bolts but blue will work too.

You can order packs of 12 bolts for under 8 bucks. Google it.

K9Vic

The parts guy at O'Reilly's told me one time they do sell the bolts individually, just go to any parts store and ask for them. I had all of them missing on my M1009 on one side when I bought it, but I just replaced the whole hubs over just adding the missing bolts. The only thing holding the hub on was silicon, scary as I was off-road before and lucky it did not pop out.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/59079-m1009-lockout-hub-bolt-question-not-allen-bolt.html

DokWatson

Depending on the manufacturer of your hubs, 'rebuild' kits are available. They include all new snap rings, o-rings, and screws. My mile marker instructions recommended loctite on the screws.

wikallen

Just use locktite, something in the 222 range (purple) but the blue will work, just harder loosen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks