• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hummer tires on a m1009

nighttrain2006

i would like to put military hummer tires 37/11.5/16.5 ( i think that the size), but i would like to put the rims and tireson my m1009. frist do they make a adaper to convert the lug pattern form 6 to 8 lugs?
if they do male a adapter where can i find them?
also will those tires clear for turning and height?
i currently have 31/10.5/15 rims and tires stock form miliatry

AJMBLAZER

Do a search, this has been covered a few times.

The short and sweet:
-Easier and cheaper than adapters 16.5" 6 lug wheels can be bought from major aftermarket wheel vendors.

-They're either 36x12.5-16.5 Goodyear Wrangler RT/II bias plies or 37x12.5R16.5 Goodyear Wrangler MT's.

-No, they won't clear without trimming and steering stop adjusting along with careful selecting of wheel size and backspacing.

-You're also going to really loose power with the big tires and pathetic stock 3.08 gears.

Hoot_223

on stockish 16.5 rims you can fit them on one with no lift at all, i put a set on my suburban awhile back

gocmndo

I had a different experience....
Had my wheels and tires but not the lift yet and wanted to see how the tires looked. Would have worked great if I just never turned the wheel :lol:
I have a 4" lift and still needed to trim the fender.
Good Luck!!

Attachments

AJMBLAZER

I had 36x12.5-16.5's on my M1008 when I got it. They were on OEM GM 16.5x6.25 wheels and they fit but trimming was necessary. There was NO way I could have run them without trimming the back of the front fenders and the front lip. Just turning on flat ground put them a half inch from the trimmed sheet metal.

Don't forget to adjust your d-side steering stop if it's a pickup and the passenger side if it's a M1009. Your drag link will thank you.

Bobert

I've got 33's on my m1009 right now. i whacked in the rear lip of the front wheel well a bit. They only rub when I hit good bumps while turning. offroad they rub a bit unles you go fairly straight.

I'm using 10'' wheels but stock ones probly wouldn't rub bad.

I put some 35's on a while back just for fun and I had to do a 6-point turn to get out my driveway.You might want to lift if a couple inches for 36's. I think alfa heaven put humvee tires one their 1009s looked pretty cool.

Here's a link to that thread.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=209421&highlight=#209421

Attachments