• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee cooling issue

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Action, during this pandemic, the last thing you should like is Corona.

Years ago, during the 1980’s, I remember frequent commercials for the AYDS diet pill. That pill and company are now long gone due to that epidemic that was worsened by TGMHC interfering with and preventing testing and quarantine of ill people.

Another unfortunate name.

aconway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check and see how much they charge, I was shocked at how much radiator service has gone up lately, the Champion can be had for under 300 (I found them for $218 shipped and bought several) and the 3 core aluminum has the same cooling capacity as a 6 core copper (the OEM is 4 core)

This is counter intuitive as copper dissipates heat better than aluminum, the problem is the way the cooling fins are soldered to the tubes there is a huge loss in heat transfer, not an issue with the aluminum radiators, works great for me so far up to 435HP in the DuraVee

The Champion part number is CCHVB search for that instead of HMMWV as there are sellers trying to get over $500 for them as Humvee radiators.

I see one on Fleabay for $263.85 shipped from a seller with 100% positive feedback.

I see one seller selling them for over $1000 shipped and he actually SOLD one, geez P T Barnum was right!!
Would this be the same for the 1165A1 ? I hate to assume if I can ask :)

aconway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I know there is no aftermarket replacement for the turbo trucks, it has a longer radiator than the rest.
I need to get the oil cooler on top lifted enough to make sure everything is clean between the two. Is it a big PITA to do that?

87cr250r

FYI, the OP's post showed water temps in and out of the radiaror. If the radiator water side was clogged or restricted the temperature of the water leaving the radiator would have been much cooler.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks