• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee tachometer wiring

erasedhammer

So I have this '94 M998A1 that currently has a tachometer sender installed and appears to be wired to a diagnostic connector right above the transfer case shifter.
In my case, where would I need to start with finding the wires to hook up a tachometer?

Side note:
the windshield tachometer mounts seem to be gone, anyone know where to buy one nowadays?

I attached two pictures of the sender unit and the connector.

Attachments

Action

That plug by the shifter is for a diagnostic computer (STE_ICE). You will likely never use it. Tachometers do not hook up there. I don't believe humvees ever came from the factory with a tach. The early tach kits mounted the gauge on the doghouse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks