• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hunter camfire malfunction

TheDrashStash

This camfire worked just fine a month ago and my brother in law tried starting it for about an hour reseting it over and over.

Little did he know he was filling the burn chamber with motor oil.

He returned my unit and I got it to fire up. This is what it looked like when it was burning off the pool of oil in the combustion chamber52336 (1).jpeg52334.jpeg
I did quickly get it away from the house. It was throwing 1ft flames out the top

Guyfang

Staff member
I am very careful about heaters. Back in the day, we had Herman Nelson heaters. Lots bigger then the Hunter Camfire. They used gas for a fuel. Had a bad reputation. You could always tell when someone had let too much fuel into the burner chamber, before lighting it. They had no mustache or eye brows. If wearing a hat at the time, they had no hair below the lower level of the hat. And if no hat, no hair.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This camfire worked just fine a month ago and my brother in law tried starting it for about an hour reseting it over and over.

Little did he know he was filling the burn chamber with motor oil.

He returned my unit and I got it to fire up. This is what it looked like when it was burning off the pool of oil in the combustion chamberView attachment 889520View attachment 889521
I did quickly get it away from the house. It was throwing 1ft flames out the top
Those are some KEWL Pics!!! Wonder if HOA got a call?? LOL If I lend it out, the person borrowing has to prove proficiency with it BEFORE it leaves the AO!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am very careful about heaters. Back in the day, we had Herman Nelson heaters. Lots bigger then the Hunter Camfire. They used gas for a fuel. Had a bad reputation. You could always tell when someone had let too much fuel into the burner chamber, before lighting it. They had no mustache or eye brows. If wearing a hat at the time, they had no hair below the lower level of the hat. And if no hat, no hair.
Same thing with the H-45 heaters and trying to relight them while they are still hot.
First time I went to the field with my unit, one girl flash burned her eyeballs, as well as taking off her eyebrows.

TheDrashStash

It did give me a new sense of respect and awareness about liquid fuel fired heaters. Just the shear amount of energy in it when it burns. Especially when it's running away after the power was cut off. I thought for sure my neighbors were going to call the fire department because I was smoking up the whole neighborhood

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks