• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HVAC advice - 10kw Heater kits and MEP803

spotrep

Howdy gents!

I want to prod the clever guys on this forum for advice.

I have an 803 im using for home backup. Im in Texas, and like many we suffered through the terrible winter storm in 2021 that led to the death of people and caused 195 billion + in property damage.

Because of this experience (and 2 young children and a wife in my house) I decided to ensure that my family would be comfortable while the world around burned (of froze).

The MEP is all ready to go an powered the home for 12 hours after a bad wind storm already (wife was happy).

HOWEVER, my concern is winter and how im going to keep the home cooled. The generator runs the heatpump with no problems, but im sure the 10kw heat strips, on top of other household loads will be difficult for the MEP.

Do any of your have a solution to this problem? Of course i could run a few space heaters. But id like a more permanent solution. The home is 2400 sqft. I considered reducing the size of my heat kit to an 8 or 5kw kit, i considered a 2 stage heatkit (running on 5kw while on gen and 10kw on grid), or have an appropriately sized additional heat kit and design the system to switch over seamlessly.

Let me know what yall think!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks