• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hx40 swapped need info on better injectors

Looking for better injectors to throw at this ldt465-1-d . Willing to sacrifice the multifuel capabilities on this fire engine to provide better power. Currently it runs around 890degress wot in 5th with a full tank of 1000gallons on 6% grade Ive been testing on .weight of 22900lbs+/- . I know I still have room to add fuel at the current egts but would like to move to a more modern injector or injection system. Does anyone have anything to recommend?

1987 m35a2
Ldt465-1-d
Hx40 swapped
11psi
660cfm filter
New external filter canister (haven't had pics yet)
4in intake tube

Attachments

biscuitwhistler37

I don't think there is an injector upgrade for that engine, if I'm remembering correctly, that already has the LDS patterned injectors on it being a late model 1D. You can build that engine into an LDS, or swap to a Cummins, but as it sits, your option is turn the fuel up and keep it below 1200 degrees. White Owl Parts has new injectors, they would probably know better than anyone. Hope it helps.

Fantastic build btw, love the look.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks