• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hybrid MEP?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two wire lead on it was just twisted together before the reinforcement spring in the tube, so only in there an inch or two past what you see.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heat trace maybe. curious was this one of the 802a's that have been coming out of Albany Georgia lately. All of those units seemed to have been highly modified with remote start and all kinds of stuff i have not seen before

Triple Jim

The two wire lead on it was just twisted together before the reinforcement spring in the tube, so only in there an inch or two past what you see.
That should work fine for measuring coolant temperature, but just twisting the thermocouple wires together does not make a very reliable junction. Are you sure they're not twisted and then welded or soldered?

I've done things like this quite a few times when I wanted to be able to connect a hand held thermocouple thermometer for quick temperature checks.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original thermocouple wires were probably much longer and the two wires were twisted and welded at the tip.
Looks like they chopped most of the wire off and just twisted the wires together and inserted them in the hose.

Here's a picture of one of my thermocouples showing the weld at the tip.
20220709_124712.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks