• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic head fitting Q

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I was sent a PM and couldn't answer, can anyone help me out here?
I boxed up all the IPs I could find to test them on a motor that is an hour away!

Here is the question:
"I am changing fuel lines on a Deuce to push lock. The 45 deg fitting on the back side of the hydraulic head , can that unscrew without lifting the hydraulic head ?
It looks like it will hit the pump case and I don't wanna disturb it if that is the case. If it can't come out, I'll just put synflex back but I would rather change that fitting to an Ip x SAE."

If anyone could help us out I'd really appreciate it, thanx Gimp!

rustystud

I was sent a PM and couldn't answer, can anyone help me out here?
I boxed up all the IPs I could find to test them on a motor that is an hour away!

Here is the question:
"I am changing fuel lines on a Deuce to push lock. The 45 deg fitting on the back side of the hydraulic head , can that unscrew without lifting the hydraulic head ?
It looks like it will hit the pump case and I don't wanna disturb it if that is the case. If it can't come out, I'll just put synflex back but I would rather change that fitting to an Ip x SAE."

If anyone could help us out I'd really appreciate it, thanx Gimp!
Yes you can replace that 45 degree fitting without removing the Hydraulic Head. Or at least mine came out OK. I don't know if the "Push Locks" will fit there though. They are usually taller then standard DOT fittings.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or maybe run a standard 45-degree fitting and then a straight Push-Lok fitting to clear the block?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks